Guru/Jupiter is known as Brhaspati, meaning lord of devotion. He is called Deva-guru, meaning guru of the gods.
The temple devoted to Brahaspati is called Apatsahayesvarar Temple in Alangudi. Since this holy temple dedicated
to Guru (Jupiter), it is also called as guru stalam. Apatsahayesvarar Temple is one of the 275 Paadal Petra Sthalams.
Here, Lord Shiva is manifested in form of the Lord Guru.
Alangudi is well-known for its ‘triglories’
• Moorthy (The Presiding Deity).
• Sthalam (Place of divinity)
• Theertham (The Holy Water)
• 5:30 am to 12 noon & 4 pm to 8 pm.
Those afflicted with snake planet aspects, suffering from some fear and confusion, for removal of
obstacles in marriage, achieving excellence in academic field.
• Guruvara Darshan
• 1008 Conch Abisheka Festival
• Panguni Uthiram
• Car festival for Lord Dakshinamurthy